About this Policy
Privacy & Data Protection
Any personal information which you volunteer to ERM Financial Services will be treated strictly in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018. We do not require you to provide personal information unless you wish to avail of additional features or services. Where data is submitted it will be used for the stated purpose and any reasonably incidental purposes only.
We do not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties for purposes of allowing them to market products and services to you.
Communicating via the internet and sending information to you by other means necessary, involves your personal information passing through or being handled by third-parties.
- About us
We are Euro Risk Management (Insurances)Ltd. trading as ERM Financial Services. We are a financial services business offering advice in financial, insurance and pension matters. We are registered in the Republic of Ireland under company number 202240 at the following 7 St. James Terrace, Malahide, Co. Dublin and registered with the Central Bank of Ireland under reference number C4597.
How we collect your information through our website and what it is used for
- For general web-browsing certain statistical information is available to us via our internet service provider. This information may include the IP and logical address of the server you are using, the top level domain name from which you access the internet (for example .ie, .com, etc.), the type of browser you are using, the date and time you access our site and the internet address linking to our site. We may also use temporary ‘session’ cookies which enable a visitor’s web browser to remember which pages on this website have already been visited. This information may be used to help us to improve, administer and diagnose problems with our server and website.
- You have an opportunity to send us information via this website, such as through the webform on the ‘contact” page. You may also choose to provide us with personal data (e.g. name, e-mail, postal address or other contact details) in an e-mail message to the address listed on our site. In all cases we use these details solely for the purpose for which you provided them (e.g. responding to your enquiry, sending you a quote, providing you with information about our products and services, or to update you on your appointment time).
Your Data Protection Rights
- For processing activities for which we rely on consent as a basis for processing your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- For processing activities which are based on a statutory or contractual requirement, you may request your data not be processed for that purpose. However, this is not an absolute right and may be over-ridden by our statutory obligations. In other cases, requesting that data should not be processed for a particular purpose may prevent us from executing a contract or delivering a service to you.
You have the right to request:
- A copy of data we hold about you (Right of Access)
- That any error in data we hold about you is corrected (Right of Rectification)
- That data we hold about you be erased, unless we have a countervailing interest or legal obligation to retain it (Right of Erasure)
- That we refrain from processing data for a specific purpose (Right to Restrict processing)
- A copy of the data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form to enable you to reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services (Right of Data Portability)
Please send all requests in writing to The Data Protection Manager, ERM Financial Services, 7 St. James Terrace, Malahide, Co. Dublin. We will accede to any such valid requests within 30 calendar days of the receipt of a valid request in writing. We reserve the right to request you to provide additional information in order to enable us to identify your personal data and/or to verify your identity.
Sharing Your Information
We do not share your information with third parties other than as set out in this policy. We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- Insurance providers: that are party to a product you have applied for or selected through us.
- Credit referencing agencies and other insurance providers: through various databases to verify information and help us to prevent fraudulent claims.
- Service providers: We may need to share personal information with our service providers, such as where necessary to provide our services to you. These categories of providers include document destruction, document storage, document management (including mailing).
- Consent: We will share your information with a third party where you have allowed us to do so.
- Business [Transfer]: Where some or all of our company and/or its assets may potentially be or have been acquired, we may need to transfer your personal information to the new or prospective owners.
Where we store your personal data
We generally store personal information on servers located inside the European Economic Area. However, in certain cases it may be necessary for us to transfer certain information to servers located outside of the EU. It is important to be aware that the privacy protections in certain jurisdictions may not be equivalent to those in Europe. We only transfer your information outside the EEA where permitted by law and ensuring that it is subject to appropriate protections as prescribed by European data protection law.
ERM Financial Services retains personal data about individuals for a range of periods. The basis for our retention periods is based on our contractual obligations or industry standards. We commit to not keeping personal data for longer than is necessary and review our records on an annual basis.
We take our security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures including encryption, virus protection, staff training, secured premises, password protection and other industry standard information security practices. We review our security policy regularly.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This legal policy and all issues regarding this website are governed exclusively by Irish law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.