- Primary role in identifying and acquiring new clients
- Proactive new business generation by client interaction, through networking, relationship building and attending industry related events and utilising existing contacts in these sectors where possible
- Building a balanced pipeline for future revenues by engaging with senior level decision makers in our target industries
- Contacting identified prospects across the country on a daily basis, ensuring quality conversations with the relevant stakeholders .
- Obtaining key financial data and relevant information from targeted prospects in order to prepare our market submissions for insurer/underwriting review.
- Effectively managing a pipeline of prospects, to meet the short, medium and long-term sales targets
- Providing activity reports and pipeline status at regular intervals as agreed with management
- Promoting the business and general insurance products to clients
- The achievement of a new business sales target
- Portray a professional image to meet or exceed customer service standards
- Take personal responsibility for delivering the highest level of accuracy and quality in your work
Customer Relationship Management:
- Build and maintain good business relationships with all customers by establishing trust, anticipating needs, sharing information and meeting commitments
- Understanding of a clients’ business issues, insurance needs and expectations.
- Offering exceptional customer service & product knowledge
- Minimum CIP required
- Candidate must be capable of working on their own initiative, managing a book of prospects and constantly chasing down new leads to completion.
- Ability to identify and expand opportunities for business development
- Strong communication and negotiation skills are essential
- Demonstrate excellent technical & product knowledge
- A good degree of personal organisation and a structured approach to time and resource management
- Ability to support and work with other colleagues
- Previous Applied experience (Desirable)
- Proficient in Office, including Outlook, Word & Excel
- A friendly and assertive manner on the phone and in person
- Ability to develop relationships with insurers and clients
- Willingness to learn & develop
- Strong work ethic